Mi-Ki Breed Overview
Mi-Kis are a truly remarkable, relatively new, hypoallergenic, low to non shedding, rare, purebred, toy dog. Emerging from a rich heritage of ancient toy breeds and established in the United States in 1992, the Mi-Ki is the perfect, devoted companion.
- Happy, loving, playful, sweet, gentle and engaging, Mi-Kis adore people of all ages and pets of all types.
- Trusting expression reflects the Mi-Ki’s gentle soul and affectionate nature.
- Characteristically calm and quiet, a Mi-Ki may express a warning bark but is seldom yappy.
- Usually friendly and outgoing, Mi-kis may sometimes be reserved in new situations.
- Two varieties, long coat and smooth face (affectionately called “smoothies”). Smooth face Mi-Kis do not have a beard or mustache, body hair is shorter and requires almost no grooming.
- Color marking patterns are either parti or solid.
- Colors include cream, red, silver, black, white, blue, apricot, sable, gold, brown, beige, tan, chocolate, brindle, fawn and mahogany. Puppies will often change color before they reach adulthood.
- Characteristic intelligence, eagerness to please and sweet nature make them easy to train and well suited to therapy and service work.
- Enthusiastically enjoy playtime, yet, require little exercise.
- Enjoy participating in rally, obedience and agility.
- Convenient size, calm demeanor, and adaptability make Mi-Kis excellent travelers, welcome guests, and ideal for any size home.
Above all, the Mi-Ki’s most endearing quality is their desire to be with you!